On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Meanwhile, I have removed the term "B****khi" from
>> the layout. Hopefully, it will clear the mess.
>
> Does that not implicitly agree with his statement that there was a
> mess to begin with ? And, if Baishakhi keyboard phraseology is a bone
> of contention, doesn't Ankur have a LiveCD named Baishakhi to begin
> with ? What do we do with that ?

Frankly, if he claims that "Baishakhi" is his registered trademark and
he asks for its removal then I think, it makes to sense not to
use it (until he has the legal rights).  Regarding other issues,
he said, I "probably misunderstood" his mail which was rather
amusing :-)

You are quite right. Indeed Ankur have a linux livecd named "Baishakhi" :-)
I almost forgot it.  So in principle, Ankur can file a case against his
registration for the term "Baishakhi" using the "Clause of Prior Existence".
There are several known successful cases in this regard, including the
famous case for the trademark  of "Basmati Rice" claimed by a US company
which was later thrown out by the court even if the term wasn't previously
registered.

However, whether we should really take such an action is another issue.

Regarding his aim, I am really confused: what is he trying to achieve?
To get, as he claimed, "Hon. Minister of IT" to release his own Linux CD?
Or to promote the cause of FOSS computing in Bengali? Everyone
is free to have their own conclusion!

Cheers,