>My 8 month old male has started a terrible habit of digging!

Oh, join the Club!

>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My 13 year old bitch, Tinka, would still dig down 3' hole and uproot shrubs
to find a cool comfortable spot But I got her as six/seven year old adoptee!
And never got her out of the habit until she was too old to dig.

My pups have since gone on to dig their dens, usually have settled into a
favourite place where you can fill in the rest of the holes and they settle
on the one. At the moment in my garden I have three holes! Two minor ones
that I think I can now fill in! One major hole under some shrubs and Sim
even now will dump the toys in there.

It is an instinct for building that den. With training and knowing their own
special place hopefuly you can train out this habit! But don't forget the
cool place! My Sam, no longer dug up the lawn but whenever we had bonfire
would come and dig a wee hole that exactly fitted his butt! And sat and
watched the fun!

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/index.htm