I agree, Pat - EXCEPT - you need to go one step further and say that the dog
then MUST be neutered.

If my dogs can't gain a Championship, then they are not in my breeding
program.  Sorry, that's just how I wish my line to be continued.  A pet is a
pet - a show quality can meet my breeding requirements.

To be recognized as having that "show quality", IMHO, it must be shown and
have a Championship.

I know that many, if not most  breeders do not follow the same "rules", or
requirements for themselves, but I also feel that it should not be points
off for me, when my standards are "higher".

I sell lots of show potential pups...if the owners do not wish to show, then
the dog is to be neutered before the first season.....no mistakes.

(I do not agree in neutering when they are babies, so I DO NOT do that
before they are placed)

Please give credit where credit is due on your checklist -
if necessary, add

If the dog is to be bred, it should gain it's Championship beforehand...
This is required by the breeder
                           +5 pts

or such.

Thanks....

(Been out of state - sorry to bring this up again on the list <G> Am
including your statement as it has been awhile)

Sandy Ongemach