Hi All,

On the various posts here re. clipping dogs' nails.

This is something I have never had to do yet, do leash walk my dogs down on
the road and they wear down naturally! When adoptee Barney arrived he came
with toys and cushions and a pair of clippers! Was told he was due for a
trim! Yes, out on the road for the first couple of days he was clicking as
he walked but when I examined his paws, no way! Took him to Ros my vet for
examination and nails were fine, though had been very badly overtrimmed in
the past! Clicking noise was that he was dragging front paw slightly as he
walked, thankfully six months later, a lot slimmer and nails untouched, he
is now fine!

If you are going to clip nails, please know what you are doing! Can 'cause a
lot of damage if you do it wrong. Get the vet to show you!

Have clipped claws on my elderly cats that no longer wore 'em down
naturally! Important to know where the "quick line" is, imagine someone
coming in and cutting your nails back too hard! Or totally inexperienced and
ripping your nail off beyond the 'quick'!

Keep a check on all my Gang, have one ewe whose feet grow fast and when is
very wet out there she needs a trim! We check 'em all when we shear!  Ponies
once a year as they are not on hard ground in the Winter, get the Farrier
in,  my goats I can trim myself if necessary.

Just know what you are doing when you trim any animal!!! Hey my Berner
Gang!!! Down the road again at hard pace, young cats go scratch! Doing it
naturally is best!

Or ask the vet!!!

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang