My recent adoptee, Barney, has suddenly come into his first big moult! Has
been very mild here UK on the Welsh Borders. Christmas Day we walked four
and a half miles to a very pretty pub over the River Wye and sat out in the
Beer Garden in gorgeous sunshine drinking pints of Guinness. Got home with
three very muddy but very happy dogs, the Heavens opened again just as we
got back home. Very mild, very wet, very muddy is the scenario here.

Brings me back to Barney. Trying to clean him up and his fur is coming out
in handfuls and a big mess of tangles that I have finished up clipping out!
I changed him over to semi-BARF strict diet in June when he came to live
here. He was very fat, just four years old but he waddled when he walked and
could barely make it round the woods with my other two. Totally out of
condition and his coat was a tangled mess!  Groomed him as best as I could
as he doesn't like it, but as the months went by his coat started to shine
and he was looking good.

He is a good two stone lighter now, does nine mile walks, no problem and
steps out proudly with Sim and Sunny.!! And chases around my woods, a very
happy, healthy slimline boy! Then this moult!

Occurred to me that this is first big moult since he has been here. He has
lost all that weight and guess has an excess of hair to shed now, surely the
strangest moult I have ever seen. Under his belly it was almost in matted
ridges. Have just been clipping them out, then combing and the new hair is
so soft and silky.

Guessing when this is over he is gonna be the handsomest of boys (apart from
My Monster Pup Sim of course!)

Anyone else had anything similar?

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang