Hi Folks,

Yippee! Well, we haven't got snow but here Welsh Borders UK we have had two
days of very heavy ground frost. Bitterly cold here but the good news is
that all that horrible mud is frozen solid!! Cleaned the house yesterday and
polished the floors and we are still clean! Downside is that all the doggy
floor sheets and towels that I did huge washing machine number on are clean
and hanging in the barn to dry but frozen solid!! Tee, Hee! Went in to get
the feed buckets for the goats, sheep and ponies this morning, banged my
head and the towel cracked!!!

So wonderful to see my three Bernese when it's like this, they love it
really cold! Open the door and they are tearing off down to the ponies' gate
to say good morning, then back to the sheep gate. Then backwards and
forwards as I am doing the Winter feeds, so excited!! And as for when the
leads come out!!

Today was so very beautiful! Almost a Hoar Frost, one more night of big
freeze which is forecast and we should have that and I'll get the camera
out! We did biggy walk today again, down to the village and over the bridge
and on to Letton. The sun was shining as it was on our Christmas and New
Year's Day walks there but today the ground was solid (those days we came
back filthy!). Around nine miles round trip at a cracking pace!

I came back glowing with three very bouncy Bernese!!

Had huge meal and sat in front of a roaring log fire admiring the still
shiny floors! (Well, not so sure if that was what the dogs were doing but
they sure appreciated the fire and had helped get the logs in - see
Gathering Winter Fuel on the Longlease Site)

Makes up for having taken down all the Christmas Deccies! Now all we want is
lots more hard frost until Spring and the grass starts growing!! We live in
hope!!!

Sadly, have also just taken the fairy lights and Chrissy things off the
Longlease Site but the New Year updates are there with my outside lights
twinkling away.

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Frosty Gang
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/index.htm