Hi Steve,

> Yesterday, Long Island temperatures were in the high forties,
> complements of a nice southeasterly breeze.

Lucky you! Here UK we are below freezing point and have been the last week,
but at least the mud is frozen over and my Berners are still clean!!!

>I felt that Hunter needed alone time so
> Casey our seven month old Berner was left home. Don't feel sorry for
> her, she's become to dependent on Hunter and is fearful when he is not
> around.

Hah, I have picture to prove that Casey was Ruling the Roost at very early
age, courtesy of Chris and Herb, no wonder Hunter needs bit of space to
himself!! New pics please!!

Here's Hunter with Casey very small but taking charge!!!
http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/friends52.htm#Squillante.

> I'm about to begin my lecture when thankfully Ozzie's dad says " I
> bet you think that dog is Ozzie" This isn't Ozzie? I sheepishly reply.

Oh, dear!!! Well, coincidence of new Berner in a small area is in your
favour!!  You were doing your best to be public-spirited!

> It could be my imagination,
> but I truly believe that my perfectly trained, loyal and obedient Golden
> was for the very first time, embarrassed to walk with me.

Now, no doubt you got home and Casey was the first one to tell you if only
she had been with you she would have told you it wasn't Ozzie!!!

> So if anyone doubts the popularity of the BMD, visit my neighborhood,
> five BMD's within a stones throw.

That is amazing, hope you all become good friends!

All love, Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/index.htm