My two year old male BMD has never indulged in this yucky habit. When we were visiting
the breeder this summer to pick up our new girl puppy, we observed some good examples
of this indulgence...by the females in the kennel. Our breeder nonchalantly explained
that this is fairly common with the girls...they're instinctively inclined to clean
things up, since this is what they do when their babies are young. Sure enough, when
our girl reached about six months (early adolescent maturity, I guess) she started
partaking of our male's poop...never her own...and they eat the exact same diet. Weird!
I clean up the yard as often as possible, and buy lots of those great "breath buster"
eucalyptus/parsley dog biscuits!
Anne
Cranford, NJ
with Titan and Maddie