I recall reading that adding raw zucchini to the dog's diet might help with
this problem.

Here it is:
>From " The Veterinarian's Guide to Natural Remedies for
Dogs" - Safe and Effective alternative treatments and healing techniques
from the Nation's Top Holistic Veterinarians" (1999) edited by Martin
Zucker, pp 140 -142, under the heading  "Stool
eating", Nancy Scanlan, DVM,  recommends  RAW ZUCCHINI. Poignantly she
writes" I have no idea why it works, but it frequently helps." The author
surmises that poop eating is often caused by a lack of digestive enzymes or
hydrochloric acid, genetic flaws (huh??), or poor diet.

Her other suggestions are:
 a) digestive enzymes
b) adding meat tenderiser to the food

Worth giving the raw zucchini a try?

BTW, the book also lists other vets suggestions such as adding trace
minerals ( e.g. such as supplementing the diet with kelp).  And ALL of  the
vets recommend adding digestive enzymes.

Good luck!

Michaela, Harvey & Rupert
Devon/UK

PS: It's a good book,  I'd highly recommend it.