Lynne Weber sent a post about what she puts in her Canine First Aid Kits and I can tell you that they are wonderful. If you want to take a chance on winning one in the BARC LOC Challenge Fundraiser, you can still send me a check for your tickets. It's Item #39!! Just be sure to send me a note telling me how much you are sending and how you'd like me to distribute your tickets. I'll make sure that your tickets are in the drawing even if you check doesn't arrive on time. Anything to get more money for BARC and LOC!!! Her is the web site for the fundraiser: http://www.overthefence.com/raffle/BARC/

I'm still waiting for an avalance of checks.....
Joye Neff (Samantha and Ben)
Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA

--On Wednesday, January 22, 2003 6:51 AM -0800 Steve Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:r

These are the items in the first aid kit that I donate to the various
raffles for Berners:
                                            Canine First Aid Kit

Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook

Basics:
1. Thermometer
2. Gauze Sponge- dressing large wounds, cleaning wounds....
3. Gauze pads- cleaning ears, dressing smaller wounds...
4. Tape- porous and elastic, for securing bandages or splints or to
muzzle a dog....
5. Vet wrap- securing gauze pads without tape keeping wounds covered
till vet attention can be gotten.
6.Coated aspirin- pain reliever, help reduce inflammation.....
7. Hydrogen Peroxide- diluted 50/50 with water to cause vomiting,
cleaning wounds and drying hot spots....
8. Charcoal Tabs- use to absorb and bind suspected poisons, ease gas
symptoms...
9. Q-tips- cleaning OUTSIDE of ears, acquiring stool samples.
10. Cotton squares- general cleaning
11. Scissors

               OTHER HELPFUL ITEMS

1.  Leash- for use as a tourniquet, restraint, muzzle.
2. Ice pack- for heat stroke
3. Emergency blanket- for a shocky dog
4. Bag Balm- sores, scrapes and cuts to pads
5. Antibiotic Cream- use on any wounds or sores
6. Antibiotic Eye Cream
7. Eye Wash- cleaning eyes and to relieve redness
8. Nolvasan Wound and Skin Cleaner- Use for cleaning without stinging
any wound except for eyes.
9.Bendryl Tabs- for allergic reactions to insect stings, relieve
itching.
10. Imodium- for diarrhea
11. Phazyme and Gas-X Tabs- to relieve gas and beginning bloat.
12.Kwik-Stop-for torn/bleeding nails
13. Derma Dream- for any skin irritations/sores
13. Betadine solution- use on infections, sores, hot spots.
14. Allercaine- use for hot spots, itchy skin.
15. Derma Pet- skin and ear cleaner
16. Cotton Balls- Soaked in cream and fed to dog to capture and remove
from the stomach sharp objects such as glass.
17. Gloves

Lynne and the guys