Moses is home. Piber and I departed for Boston's Angell Memorial Animal Hospital at approx. 6AM and there was little traffic and no snow on the drive there. As usual, the front desk had all of Moses' medicines ready and the paperwork in order related to his case. A "plug" here for the Newfoundland Club sling about which "we" spoke a while back: so handy and efficient is this that, when Moses was admitted, the staff asked me to leave it with them while Moses was hospitalized. The snow began when we were about ten miles from home and I simply applied the great degree of caution that I always do to my driving. Plus, I learned to drive in Detroit, so I am used to snow, although I am not eager to drive in it.
Moses had the following tests/procedures performed while he was in the hospital: Emergency exam, General profile, CBC, Platelet Count, urinalysis, Culture Aerobic and sensitivity, spine lumbar single view, chest right and left Lat/VD, other bloodwork and fluids, large decubitus pad, and examination by veterinary neurologist, who came to the hospital specifically to examine Moses, on a Sunday.
A reminder that Moses has been treated for bone cancer, amputation and chemotherapy.
Lisa Allen