Hi Karen,
One time many moons ago I had a dog recovering from a TPO surgery during a
particularly nasty winter with lots of freezing rain. Everytime it was
forecasted I spread hay on part of the front lawn. After the rain it was
bonded to the ice underneath and crunchy but provided us both with a
non-slippery area for Ruby to do her "business" on. It was messy to clean
up in the spring but a quick rake up soon took care of it, but it did save
us both from sliding around too much and better on the feet than salt and
sand.

Sorry to read about your Tuna casserole episode, me I'd have a hard time
eating that with or without the clam juice! Hope your neighbour has
recovered, poor woman must have felt awful!

Rose T.