Hi Everyone,
I wanted you to know that I've spent the last 2 1/2 days talking with the
woman who wrote the post about looking for a berner puppy and her
frustrations as such.

What I've found is that this person is the direct opposite of what her post
implied to many on the list. What prompted me to contact her is that I felt
she needed help and education about our breed. Having been in her shoes
before with the snobbish way some breeders can come across as, sent me a
"cry for help" of sorts. I'm glad I contacted her.

She's received MANY replies to her post, with most, just the way she
described in her original email, rude! She's forwarded many of those to me.
Most eye opening to say the least, the names from these emails to her didn't
surprise me however what did is the fact that most of these folks claim to
be the biggest supporters of BARC and educating potential puppy owners here
on the "L"! Ya, go figure!!!!!

 I understand the puppy mill comment threw alot of us for a loop,
and she has since come to understand the "true" meaning of puppy mills. My
thanks to BARC's website and Jim for their nice
and understanding email to Melissa of such.

The very last thing I want to do is cause another outbreak of insulting
posts and or useless thread over her email, but do want to point out that
when we see posts like this, take the time to be understanding and to find
out information
about the person on the other end. A simple "Hi, is there anything I can do
to help" will get a receptive response as opposed to "SHAME ON YOU!!!!"
That's the only nice, if you will response she received and about the only
one I can actually write here due to language/content.

In closing, as a breeder and owner I have no worries over
placing one of my puppies with her and her family. Nor have I held back any
names of who she should contact for reputable breeders in her immediate
area.

I hope this helps to smooth over the uproar.

Peg..

Dale & Peg McQueary
Thundering Pines Bernese Mtn Dogs
http://www.geocities.com/thunderingpinesbernese/index.htm