Hi
We have used the Invisible Fence now for over 15 years. 5 1/2 of which are
with a Berner. We just moved up to Littleton NH, and when the snow melts we
are going to put most or all of our 13 acres on the fence.. We have a 3
month old puppy that will go on the fence within the next month..The I do
recommend putting on the longer probes and if he is a stubborn male boost
the zap a little. When we where in our old house in NJ we had the fence so
the dogs could go down to the stream and get a drink or cool off, but could
not go past it.. We had it so the dogs would stay out of the  gardens..
Take care
Bill Wilczek
Wilczek Woodworks
www.geocities.com/wilczekwoodworks