If someone treats you rudely, look elsewhere. I say this because, if I approach someone with good intentions and address him or her politely and with respect and this person treats me with contempt, I attribute the problem to this person and move on, with the knowledge that there are "plenty of fish in the sea." Maybe this is a mind-set that comes with age; as I approach the half-century mark, being a contestant in a popularity contest of sorts is not something to which I seek to devote time, a valuable and precious commodity.
I am a wonderful dog owner, not the world's best. A little too permissive, not as talented as a good many of the top performance dog handlers, guilty of allowing myself to be a slave to my dogs at times but, consider my dogs family, always put them first, spend any amount their health care demands, take them to classes and doggy social events throughout their lives, and have arranged my own life so that I can spend almost all my time with them which is something I want to do.
I am not seeking a pup of any breed at this point in time but, if I was a PPO and someone treated me as being well beneath them, I would think to myself first, this is that person's problem and, then, that person just lost a magnificent home, mine, for their dog. Then I move on because time is a precious and valuable commodity and it serves no one, especially me, to dwell on the unpleasant.
That being said, it is no secret in the world of purebred dogs that one must grow a thick skin. Sad perhaps, but true.
I have a nice relationship with all my dogs' breeders and it is not based on agreeing on every matter. I appreciate, and let them know such, that they have placed with me this precious bundle of fur and realize that we might not agree on everything and that no two people generally do, even in the same family.
Lisa Allen
Blessed with Bernese since 1983!