Please unsubscribe me. I will not be able to read this.
Thank you.
Maria Langille
 Bernese Mountain Dog Mailing List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
BERNER-L Digest 4317

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) Gold Bead implants
by Lisa Elliott
2) Absolutely free!!!
by romantimea
3) Re: Dunbar needs your help
by Marjie
4) ADMIN: HTML Causing Problems, as always
by "Pat Long & Paul Dangel"
5) Re: ADMIN: HTML Causing Problems, as always
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
6) RE: Obedience brag -- both regional specialties!
by "Pat Long & Paul Dangel"
7) Was: Had Enough -- Now: How to be a breeder
by Radha Iyengar
8) Re: How to be a breeder
by "Beth Stuever"
9) Re: Puppy Books
by "E M Poster"
10) hesse
by "Jordan S. Dill"
11) Re Being A Breeder Topic
by "McGuinness, Denise"
12) Sensitive topic: Radio/invisable fence
by "Hildy F."
13) Re: BERNER-L digest 4315
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
14) tricks
by "Bobbie Abern"
15) RE: Wow!
by Rose Tierney
16) Obedience brags
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
17) RE: Had Enough -- Now: How to be a breeder
by "Kathleen Bert"
18) RE: Had Enough -- Now: How to be a breeder
by T Thompson
19) the Barnum and Bailey Circus
by "Ruth Reynolds"

20) Spencer's packing up for the bridge
by "Karyn Beyer"
21) Re: Sensitive topic: Radio/invisable fence
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
22) 2 Supported Entries in 1 weekend
by Kim Morrow
23) AKC Gazette
by
24) New Nick Neff and Buddy & Daisy Pics
by "jean cheesman"
25) Lost Berner
by "Scott & Betsy"
26) Re: ADMIN: HTML Causing Problems, as always
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
27) Re: Had Enough
by "Peg McQueary"
28) Drafting biomechanics
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
29) RE: raising two puppies at once
by "Pat Long & Paul Dangel"
30) RE: Pat Long Photos
by "Pat Long & Paul Dangel"
From: Lisa Elliott
Subject: Gold Bead implants

It has been quite some time since I have seen anyone mention gold bead
implants as a treatment option for hip dysplasia. Is this a treatment
that is still considered successful and a top choice for those dealing
with HD? If so, does anyone know of a practitioner in California whom
they would recommend who has experience providing this kind of
treatment?

thanks in advance!

Lisa
in Bakersfield, CA
From: romantimea
Subject: Absolutely free!!!

Hello All,
what a happy day we had yesturday. I took Balu to the vet to have the
complete x-rays done. And the results are wonderful, he is absolutely
free: HD 0/0, ED 0/0, OCD 0/0!
After all the sorrow with Max, I'm so happy for Balu's results.
Sending tons of berner hugs,
Timi & Balu, in memoriam of my forever love, Max
From: Marjie
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
Subject: Re: Dunbar needs your help

Dunbar made a valiant effort. Thank you everyone who tried to help
me save him. Tonight I made that decision we, who are involved with
lives destined to be much shorter than our own, must inevitably
make. Goodnight my sweet baby boy, my Dunbar, my D Dog, my friend.

Swiss Stars Dances with Wolves, UD, OA, OAJ, TD, (VCD2), DD, JHD
Dec 1, 1994 - Mar 10, 2003

Marjie

Subject: ADMIN: HTML Causing Problems, as always
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 05:24:14 -0500

Just a note about HTML versus plain text. We have not had a single
digest recently that didn't have at least one and sometimes as many as 5
or 6 posts that were unreadable for many of the List members. If you
post in HTML, only some people will be able to read your email message.

Please, PLEASE take the time to find out how to post in plain text.

Pat Long (& Luther)
List co-owner
Berwyn PA
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 05:31:58 EST
Subject: Re: ADMIN: HTML Causing Problems, as always
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Has anoyone found a way to make AOL 8 send in plain text other than sending
from the AOL website?

-Sherri V. (still on 5.0)
To:
,
Subject: RE: Obedience brag -- both regional specialties!
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 05:32:30 -0500

Vilma,

You know how much I love to see brags! And Congratulations!! It's always
wonderful to see obedience brags - especially from someone who does so
well in team with her dogs!

As for brag donations, you can do it any way you'd like, they are
strictly voluntary, and always cheerfully accepted! May I suggest that
you not send your brag money to Joye for the histio fundraiser? I'd
prefer to win the paintings myself...

Pat Long (& Luther, UNCDX)
Brag Fund Queen
Berwyn PA

From: Radha Iyengar
Subject: Was: Had Enough -- Now: How to be a breeder
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As a pet owner myself and being very new to berners I
think that this discussion is a little one sided. I
had absolutely no problem answering basically any
questions a breeder would ask me. I know that, as I
said in my post, I needed to prove myself to them and
I felt that there are perfectly good, in fact
necessary reasons to do this. BUT that does not mean
that when I ask questions I expect to be treated as a
criminal and nor do I expect to treated as if I
purposely ill-intentioned. And it is the case that
breeders do this.

Now, to preface the rest of this I want to say that on
the whole I had a positive experience of research the
breed. I met a lot of people who knew a lot and were
very helpful and kind. But there were a few
experiences that if they had been my only ones (for
example if I hadn't grown up with dogs/dog people all
my life) might have turned me off for good. For
instance, when I asked one breeder at a club event
(not a show mind you, more like a gathering) if I
could talk to her about her kennel she informed me
that breeding was very complicated and I shouldn't
expect to understand it from a short conversation (as
if I thought I could) and then reamed me out about
trying to breed dogs without proper knowledge (as if I
would) without ever once pausing to let me interject.
In another instance, a breeder was asking me about my
lifestyle and I was explaining that I was a graduate
student. And he was naturally concerned with my
financial ability so I was explaining that I do have
*  MESSAGE EXCEEDED PERMITTED LENGTH  *
*          message truncated          *