Thank you, Marjie, for suggesting that people who want to make a donation in Dunbar's memory contribute to the current AKC CHF Fundraiser. You are right it is a "double win" - money donated to this fund will help in fighting malignant histiocytosis and also the donor stands a good chance of winning one of Willem's wonderful paintings.

I'd like to encourage others who would like to honor the memory of a Berner who has lost the battle to histio, or to any other disease, to make a donation in that Berner's memory.

Making a donation to the AKC CHF Fundraiser is also a marvelous way to honor a Berner who is healthy and to give thanks for their good health. Who knows, the life that is saved by this research project might be your Berner someday.

Some people honor Berner owners who have done kind things for them by donating tickets to that person. These donations can be done as a gift in your name to the person you are honoring or I can notify the person that an anonymous donor has made a donation in their name. Either way, I can tell you that people who have received these donations in their honor in the past have been thrilled to be recognized and honored in this way.

The other added benefit to making donations in memory or honor of Berners or in memory or honor of Berner Friends is that you get a "warm, puppy dog feeling" by doing so. Won't you please consider doing this for a Berner or a Friend?

Here is the website to see how to make donations: http://www.overthefence.com/raffle/histio/
In order to go past our goal of raising over $5,595, we need to raise $4,800 in the next three weeks. So far we have had 20 people make donations to our fundraiser. There are 2021 members of the Berner-l, so I would think that we should be able to get a LOT more donations from people in the USA and other countries. We are trying to see how many different countries can be represented in our donor list, but We NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Thank you, Willem Wijnberg for your generous donation of two more paintings to help us fight malignant histiocytosis.

Thank you, Jean Cheesman for making such a wonderful site to honor those Berner who have lost the battle to malignant histiocytosis: http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/histiorollcall.htm

Thank you, Karen Pickel, for doing yet another fantastic web site to help us raise money for this vital research study: http://www.overthefence.com/raffle/histio/

Thank you to the 20 people who have already donated money to the AKC CHF Research Study Grant #2214.

Thank you in advance to the other 2001 members of the Berner-l who will be moved to send donations to this fundraiser. The Berners who will benefit from this research study will thank you, too!

Waiting for an "avalanche of checks" to arrive in my mailbox soon.....

Joye Neff and Nick (Ben)
In memory of SeaVaRidge's Winston Poohbear (1-8-98) (1-4-03) - Malignant Histiocytosis
Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA