SHOPPING AT THE 2003 SPECIALTY
May 29, 2003 - Part 13

The Paintlady is our Lucky 13th Vendor to be featured on the Berner-l!!
******************************
Wing-It Designs (The Paint Lady)
Katherine Warren
34470 Agness-Illahee Road
Agness, OR  97406
Phone:          (541) 247-0456
(The above are her new address and phone number after June 1, 2003)
E-Mail:                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site:       www.wingitdesigns.com

Basically Katherine's business consists of is an internet shop with a secure site.
You can e-mail Katherine your Berner's picture; choose a garment or send you own garment, pay for the order and shipping with notations as to when you need your order and voila - you have an original beautiful "Paint Lady" garment. Katherine attends a limited number of nationals and some all breed shows,
where you can come by, try on garments or bring her your own garment, supply her with a picture(s) of your dog(s), and if you don't have a photo with you, she can take some with her digital camera for a small $5.00 fee. She tries to paint as many items as possible at the show so you can take the completed order home with you. What she can't finish at the shows, she takes home to finish and the item will be sent out when it is completed. She can get pretty backed up with orders, especially in the fall and before Christmas, so think ahead and get your orders in early.

Katherine carries high end denim garments and tries to keep sizes for the "larger" man or woman. Basically her stock consists of various barn jackets and field coats, a few dusters, ladies vests (some waist length, others hip length,) a
very heavy denim shirt for men or women, men's ties, ladies denim purses,
some denim jackets with removable polar fleece liners that can actually be
worn as a separate vest, and some really neat ladie's anoraks (while they
last.) The price of the garment includes one head study and extra heads range
from $65 on the front, or $85 on the back of the garment. Smaller heads on
the front are approx. $45 to $65. Artwork on your garment is $95 per head,
front or back. She will also paint on a frameable fabric, suitable for matting. Katherine's garments are primarily USA or Canadian made and of the best quality. The fabric paint she uses is the best available on the market. The finished garment is completely washable or dry cleanable after a simple heat setting procedure that you can do at home.

Katherine has been in business since 1986 and is semi retired, so she won't be
attending as many nationals and all breeds shows. This is a good reason to use the internet for your purchases. If you aren't sure of your size, you can send her your "vital" measurements and she'll match you up with the correct jacket. All orders are payable in advance, and she does accept personal checks and major credit cards. For obvious reasons, all sales are final. She stays pretty busy - and will try to meet your deadline. You are just going to LOVE her hand painted clothes.

Happy Shopping!!
Joye Neff and Nick (& Ben)
Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA

*** P.S. There is going to be a slight interruption in the "SHOPPING AT THE 2003 SPECIALTY" reports, because my son and I are going to go to China early tomorrow morning to get he and his wife's baby daughter, Gracie. This is the third time that the trip has been scheduled and it's been cancelled twice. I figure that the third time is a charm, so by tomorrow at this time, we will be on a United flight beginning our 23 hour journey to Shanghai, China. We'll get off the plane on Sunday at 5:30 p.m. and board a chartered bus for a 4 hour drive to Nanjing, the city where the orphanage is located. Gracie will be almost 11 months old and we will get her the next morning. We will return to Pittsburgh, PA in the evening of June 11th, after a 26 hour journey, and I will resume the Shopping series shortly after returning home. Have an enjoyable two weeks while I'm away!!!