>This got us wondering if there are any of you out
>there who had a Berner who died of old age and if so to what age did
>they live

My first ever Berner, Tinka, lived to a few weeks short of her fourteenth
birthday and until her final collapse which came very quickly, had been
still been enjoying long walks in the woods and had never been sick! Was
only in her final week that she ever saw the vet apart from check-ups and
routine shots.

Yes, I lost my Sam to Lymphosarcoma aged six, but my vet was the first to
make clear that this is a disease that affects young dogs of all breeds.

My eldest Berner now is Sam's sister, Sunny, eight and a half! She had never
had anything wrong until a month or so ago when she had a mysterious back
injury and also needed a big back broken tooth out. Thankfully, she is now
back to normal and her usual bouncy self. x-rays on Sunny did show early
signs of Spondylosis but I have every hope now we are aware of this she will
go on to a healthy old age! Just have to convince her to be more matronly
now and less of the puppy bouncing!

As for my two Boys. Barney five and Simmy, three and a half! They are
Babies!!

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX