I've received the first few entries into the "Name the Costco Berner" and we have already raised $140 for Berner-Garde!!! For this fundraiser, we have 97 terrific Berner things that you can win. In 2000 we were able to raise $7,284.25 for Berner-Garde through our fundraiser with a lot less Berner items. I am striving to surpass that number with this year's fundraiser for Berner-Garde. I know that this is a HUGE goal, but if we are ever going to make any progress on genetic diseases with our Berners, it is going to take a HUGE amount of money. Now, HUGE donations would be one way to reach our goal and I'd love some of those. The other way to reach our goal is to have HUGE numbers of Berner lovers donate smaller amounts of money by entering our "Name the Costco Berner" Contest. "Many hands make the workload lighter!!"

Some of the people who have sent in entries for the contest have forgotten to send in their dog name entries for the "Name the Costco Berner" Contest, so I'm e-mailing them asking them to send me a dog name for the contest. Others are forgetting to tell me how to distribute their free tickets for the drawing for all of the wonderful Berner items. I guess people get so excited with the many Berner items that they forget to include these important things with their checks. No problem.....we'll get the information after I get the checks. I'm just thrilled to get the donations!!!

Please visit the special website that Karen Pickel has designed for our contest:
http://www.overthefence.com/helpberners/bg/

All of the directions for entering the contest are on the website, plus you can see the HUGE amount of spectacular Berner items that generous Berner owners and friends have donated. If you truly care for the breed and the future of all Berners, then you will want to contribute to this fundraiser.

Thank you all in advance for your generous support to help Berners.

Berner Hugs,
Joye Neff and Nick