It is always exciting to announce a Challenge to our current Fundraiser!!!! ;-D

A generous, anonymous Berner person has donated tickets for the Entlebucher fundraiser to encourage donations for our Berner-Garde Fundraiser. The National Entlebucher Mountain Dog Association (NEMDA) is conducting a fundraiser to raise money to help with PRA research. The scientists and researchers at Michigan State University are making great progress with PRA, but they still need funds from the people who love this breed (Entlebuchers.) Through their efforts they hope to make a huge difference in the life and eye health of the Entlebucher.

Isn't it nice to see that other breed clubs and members are raising money just like we are to fight genetic diseases in their beloved breeds. The best part of all of this fundraising going on across the world, is that the strides they are making in one breed may lead to discoveries and cures in another breed. We truly do help each other!!!!

Now..... back to the exciting offer by our Berner donor. This generous person has made a very nice donation to the Entlebucher Quilt Fundraiser and the donation is going to benefit other berner people. To see a photo of the lovely quilt, go to: http://bernese.biz/fundraiser.htm

The first 10 people to donate $50 or more to The Fifth Annual Berner-Garde Fundraiser will each get a bonus ticket to try to win that lovely quilt. Be sure to check it out!! It's a beautiful quilt, and if you ignore the tail issue, and squint just right, the dogs on the quilt look exactly like Berners!

To refresh your memory ~ The 5th Annual Berner-Garde Fundraiser is a "Name the Costco Berner Contest."
Go to our website at: http://www.overthefence.com/helpberners/bg/
to see the 97 tremendous items that you can try to win with the free tickets that you will get when you purchase entries into the contest. All of the directions for entering the contest are on the website. You really must go look at the items - we have a LOT of very generous people who have donated these Berner items for the fundraiser.

The money we raise through this contest is going to be seed money for a DNA bank. The DNA Bank project is a joint effort of the BMDCA Health Committee and the Berner-Garde Foundation. This DNA Bank will be unique, because it will contain not only DNA and tumor samples of affected dogs but also DNA samples of healthy dogs, along with pedigree information on all samples. It will be a valuable resource for researchers in the future because there will be a whole storehouse of information that they can draw upon to help with their research.

Now is the time to send in your donations. Remember if your check is dated or July 23 or later and it is one of the first ten checks which are $50 or more to reach me, you will get a bonus ticket for the Entlebucher Quilt Fundraiser. Now, that is a bargain!!!! Who will be the first ten lucky people?????

Grab your checkbooks and maybe it will be YOU!!!

Joye Neff and Nick (and Ben
Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA