I can't find Audrey's original post to reply to, but we also rented Equilibrium and counted not one, but three, Berner pups in the film. They were all playing the same dog, but my husband insisted the markings were different, so we had to go back and check them out. The first puppy looked a *lot* like Sam, with a fair amount of white on the snout and a thin white line going between the eyes and up to the forehead; the second puppy had a wider bit of white and seemed to have a fluffier chest; the third puppy, seen at the end of the film, had much more white on the forehead. They were all adorable, and in terms of the plot, the Berner pup saves the world! Here's a link to a review: http://www.splicedonline.com/02reviews/equilibrium.html
The movie was filmed in Germany, so I expect those were German Berners.

Martha Hoverson, Molly ("Too much gunfire in that movie; sounded almost like fireworks. And I don't like fireworks.") and Sam ("Can I be in a movie?")
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Portland, Maine