Actually, Nell, I can't take credit for the money puzzle. It must have been another 'Berner Mom' - brilliant way to not "lose" the money, though!!!

Joye Neff and Nicky

--On Thursday, August 07, 2003 8:56 AM -0400 Nell Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:r

Joye wrote:

It only took him a minute to steal the teatowel off the counter and
devour it.    I called his vet (a Berner owner too) for instructions and
then used a syringe to give him diluted peroxide.   Both times he got
this very funny look on his face about a minute later and threw up a lot
of tea towel pieces with his recently eaten dinner.   I then pulled out
the teatowel pieces from the pile and pieced them together like a puzzle
to make sure we had them all. I was happy to see that he had at least had
torn both teatowels into tiny pieces before swallowing them.

Joye, aren't you the same person that put some paper money back together
after it had passed through digestion?  I recall that the bank was
unwilling to take it out of the zip-lock but they gave you replacement
money.  So you are good at putting puzzle pieces together.

Our first Berner, Merlin, helped me coin the phrase - two tail disease -
where the normal tail went up and the sock hung down.  I've assisted
Merlin and Pilgrim with the removal of lots of socks.  The worse was an
ace bandage.  I'd gently pull, cut off excess and wait for Pilgrim to
push out some more.  Pilgrim did have a $800 sockectomy.  He also grabbed
the Christmas turkey breast off the counter.  It was a sign of how far my
mother had come that, after we wrestled it away from him, she washed it
off, cut up the bite marks, and served the rest.

Now both Sunny and Pilgrim are grown up boys and don't bother even
delectable things on the counters.

Nell

--
Nell and John Ward  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Bern, North Carolina