I have read lots of comments on the list about gentle leaders - I use one
on our 16 month old berner girl "Abbey". The one thing I do which I haven't
heard mentioned on the list is always use the gentle with a double ended
lead, one end clips under the chin on the gentle- the other end clips on
her normal collar. By using the double ended lead you can activate the
gentle only as required - by using the left end of the lead she is only
controlled by her standard collar & if needed you pull gently on the right
end of the lead which brings the gentle into play. Therefore if she is
walking correctly there is no pressure whatsoever on the gentle leader and
I believe this gives her the message clearly which position I want her to
be in.
Di - Australia

http://mail2web.com/ .