----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan M. Theus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Now comes
> the problem - I was putting them in peanut butter but she must have bit
into
> one of the capsules because now she won't take the peanut butter from me
> anymore.  What else can I put them in to make her swallow them?
Cheese, bread, liver pate, hot dog slices . . . I either just shove down the
throat or slip it into something palatable like that. With pills which have
to go on and on, I swap around the treat. Also, you can have a first and
third non-loaded treat to get the dog started, and then dangle in front of
the nose to keep the head up and the dog grabbing and swallowing. If she can
catch a tossed treat loading one treat in the series and then tossing a
number of treats to her will ensure a hasty swallow also.

Eileen Morgan
The Mare's Nest
http://www.enter.net/~edlehman

---