Just got back from visiting Ari and [barring any complications
tonight]....she is coming home tomorrow morning!!!!!!

She is doing even better than this morning. The nurse grabbed my hand and
took me back there. She was so excited. "Wait till you see her, wait till
you see her!" And sure enough, Ari was sitting on the floor with 2 other
nurses/vet techs and she was just eating up all the love they could give
her. They all had the biggest smiles on their faces. I just broke down
crying.....but not the tears of the past few days. These were tears of joy.
Then THEY started crying. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I
sat down beside her and she smothered me with kisses.....even wagged her
whole butt. Boy, did she want to come home with me tonight! But they want to
keep her just one more night. But she went all day without any heart
irregularities.

I thanked them all sooooo much for the love and care they have shown her.
One nurse said "How could we not? Look at her! She is such a sweet girl".
There went the tears again. I told them again how many people have been
sending prayers and good thoughts and that I would never, ever be able to
thank them enough for everything they have done. I do believe they have gone
over and above the call of duty with Ari. Not just with the technical
medical care.....but with the extra love and compassion they have shown her
[and me]. For any one who has been in the hospital, you know what I mean.
All the care in the world is great, but sometimes it is just that one nurse
who takes a few minutes to sit with you and give you a pep talk, that can
make your day and help you in your recovery.

She still doesn't have much of an appetite, but they think it is more just
the fact that she doesn't have mama hand feeding her. While I was there she
ate a little yogurt for me. I left that and some baby food and cottage
cheese and some more scrambled eggs. They laughed and said "she IS going
home tomorrow morning, ya know".

Laughter.....what a beautiful sound. You don't realize how much you miss it,
until you go a few days without it.

So, my friends, I thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for your
love and support. I will post in the morning as soon as "our" dear Ari is
home again. I think I will actually sleep tonight. I told Bacchus that his
girl is coming home. He understood.

Much love

Cathi with Bacchus and Ari