Being a faithful and devoted Berner owner since 1994, I have to say that losing my
first Berner has been an experience that has been both heartwarming and heartwrenching
at the same time.  Bernard of Puddingstone (Bernie to our family) came into our lives
on a cold, snowy day on the NYS Thruway.  He was handed to me at the age of 49 days in
a blanket by JoAnne Gerow when because of an overturned truck we could not make it all
the way up to her kennel. He sat on my son Josh's lap, then 7 yrs. old and now turning
16, and instantly became an integral part of our family.  He was our protecter(as well
as the entire neighborhood's!) and a loving and faithful family member for almost
9yrs. This past summer he came on vacation with us to Montauk, NY along with our 1yr.
old BMD, Buzz and Van our newly adopted Golden.  I will be forever grateful for taking
him with us because it turned out to be his last week with our family for when we
arrived home he passed away   with a smile on his face and dignity just a few days
later.  He was my loyal and faithful guy right to the end. I walked out of our kitchen
to check my email and he passed when I left. He protected me to the end by not
breathing his last breath in front of me. Buzz and Van refused to leave his side.
Van, a 2 yr. old Golden who is a "reject" from the Seeing Eye in Morristown, NJ came
into our lives for a reason for sure.  He was given up to me by a family that I worked
for this summer who could not give him the quality of life he deserved. He has made
life without Bernie so much more bearable. He truly came into our lives just at the
right time. Thanks you's go out to all that were there to support us during this
really hard time. For those of you that knew Glora Henes, Bernie was one of her last
puppies from Peter the Great and I dedicate this little email in her memory.  I always
wanted to become more involved in the BMDCW and this past spring I took on the
position of rescue along with Margaret McMath.  Thanks go out to Margaret for all of
her help and support in the Rescue arena.  I couldn't have a better mentor!
Lastly, Congratulations and Best of Luck to Barbara and Bob on their adoption of
Sammy. Thank you for your gift as well! They are delicious! I am so happy that I was
able to assist you in finding your BMD!
Marla Weinman
Rescue Contact
BMDCW