From: bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com
[mailto:bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com] On Behalf Of Chess E. Wilkins
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:31 PM
To: A list for BES Admin's to discuss issues, etc.
Subject: Re: [Bes-admins] Policy Question for exiting employees with theirownBBs

I believe you are correct.  However this is why most companies don't allow
personal blackberries on their BESs. The last place I worked as the BES was my
responsibility and we changed the policy about personal BBs.

Depending on the size of your company, most companies have an employee
terminated distribution list. That's how we got notified. When someone was
terminated we got an email listing the date of termination. Then we'd go on the
BES and on the day of termination send a wipe and disable command to the
device. Hell, I got to see mine termination email and wipe my BB when I left :)
Still have that email.

I don't like an auto wipe like the below user has suggested, but I believe it
would work. However before wiping a personal BB I'd check with HR on the
policy. We had one Sales person terminated one time who had a memory card in
his BB (BB was the company's memory card was his, maybe paid using his
corporate credit card but...) and when we sent the wipe command to the device
it wiped his memory card. He was very upset and really gave the HR lady a hard
time when she told him that the data was lost. Yes, I know you can disable the
memory card slot using the BES, by my VP would not hear of that. (He used to
store music on his device... maybe purchased on his corporate card) :)