You can log PIN messages on BES.   It's turned off by default.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_enable_PIN_and/or_SMS_logging%3F

BB Messenger is not so simple.  You can audit it, but it's really messy and I
don't know anyone who actually uses it.

From: bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com
[mailto:bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com] On Behalf Of Moller, Doreen
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 3:46 PM
To: A list for BES Admin's to discuss issues, etc.
Subject: [Bes-admins] Quick Question

Someone asked me an interesting question:

If an employee used the bb instant messenger message AND a PIN message (bb to
bb via device pin) does it go through the corporate server? Another words is
there a log keep on the server?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Doreen Moller
Lead Analyst,  Infrastructure - Mobility
Schering-Plough Corp
908-473-3627 (Summit)
doreen.mol...@spcorp.com<mailto:doreen.mol...@spcorp.com>

This message and any attachments are solely for the

intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,

disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information

included in this message is prohibited -- Please

immediately and permanently delete.