In BAS, go to:
Servers and components > High Availability > Highly available BlackBerry
Enterprise Servers > BESNAME

Make sure you've enabled HA failover in the 'High Availability Actions' section.

From: bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com
[mailto:bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com] On Behalf Of Moller, Doreen
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 4:39 PM
To: A list for BES Admin's to discuss issues, etc.
Subject: [Bes-admins] High Availability for BES 5.0

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 BES 5.0 servers that I configured in a test environment and I am
testing High Availability. Both are pointing to a remote SQL server database. I
specified the BES server config one as primary and the other as secondary.
However, when I stopped all the BES services on the primary the secondary did
not automatically kick in. Is there anything else I need to do to make this
automatic.

thanks

Doreen Moller
Lead Analyst,  Infrastructure - Mobility
Schering-Plough Corp
908-473-3627 (Summit)
doreen.mol...@spcorp.com<mailto:doreen.mol...@spcorp.com>

This message and any attachments are solely for the

intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,

disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information

included in this message is prohibited -- Please

immediately and permanently delete.