It seems they all do.  The problem is that every carrier and every
manufacturer customizes Android so much that it is near impossible to
address all of the idiosyncrasies. So they all seem to have standardized
on Touchdown.  Of course, most allow you to skip Touchdown and just
configure the exchange account separate from the MDM account.  We use
MaaS360 from Fiberlink.  Not doing Touchdown though it would make
activations easier.  Managing Android is a PITA.  I've been doing it for
about a year, and am liking it less and less each day.

While I am not a huge fan of Apple as a company, their iOS products are
standard, stable and easily managed.  No agent to install on the device
for management; it is all based on certificate based encryption.