We've just had an odd problem where BB handset users were able to send and
receive e-mail internally, but externally they could only receive e-mails. As
we have an HA BES design we failed over to the Secondary BES and that worked
alright for a while.

Initially I thought the problem was down to the Primary site's DC server having
exceeded its NSPI Bind Limit as detailed here:
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB17325&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl
 . The diagnostics were done as detailed and confirmed that the NSPI limits
were the problem, however implementation of the fix as described did not
resolve the problem.

This was where, whilst testing and after a failback and failover again the
Secondary BES developed the same problem.

Further digging brought up a previous BES Admin that had a similar problem. His
problem was fixed by recreating the MAPI profiles as described here:
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB10285&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl
 . This process was followed for the Primary BES and send / receive tested
successfully. The second BES started behaving after the MAPI was recreated
twice.

I am posting this on the DL as I noted a fair number of people experiencing
this problem. Hopefully it will help someone out and get this DL moving again!

Engin

Engin M Hussein
Network Support Engineer
Secure information solutions
Capita, Food Standards Agency, Aviation House,
125 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6NH
Desk +44 (0)2072768960
www.capita.co.uk/secureinformation<http://www.capita.co.uk/secureinformation>

P Think before you print

[cid:image001.png@01CD3271.E76A77A0][cid:image002.png@01CD3271.E76A77A0]

Food Standards Agency (FSA)

For the latest food news and information visit  www.food.gov.uk

This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  If you have
received this email in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender
immediately by return email.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure
Intranet (GSI) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless
Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs and on leaving the GSI this email was
certified virus-free.  However you should always use your own virus-scanning
software to ensure mail and attachments are safe to open.

Communications on the FSA's computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded
to secure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

<<inline: image001.png>>

<<inline: image002.png>>