Mac sysmodifiers do not work in the current beta. This is a bug and will be fixed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Schott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Beta forum" <beta@jsoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Jbeta] J6 changes in openGL

I think I have an easier test to see if
"sysmodifiers" is working on Windows and other systems. The
example which I excerpt below is taken from
j601/system/extras/help/user/sys_events.htm .  Please try
the experiment below, but substitute "sysmodifiers" for
"6!:0" .  I want to know if sysmodifiers is working in this
beta release on nonMac systems because it must have been
working in J504 (although this experiment does not work in
J504) because the openGL demo on the Mac reacted to modifier
keys then. It no longer does.

***********begin copy from
j601/system/extras/help/user/sys_events.htm ***********

"   To respond to such events, you define an appropriate
event handler just as for a form event handler.  For
example, define a handler for a timer event that writes the
current time to the session, then set the timer to be 1000
milliseconds. The timestamps when Windows signals the timer
event are written to the current session

sys_timer=: (6!:0) (1!:2) 2:

wd 'timer 1000'

1996 1 3 10 15 37.72

1996 1 3 10 15 38.76