I am not able to look at this right now, but will eventually. Could you perhaps confirm that 'some things' or even 'most things' work and that the problem is just with DoR? Most of the COM code hasn't changed in a long time, but there were a few changes in the area of DoR that were related to utf8. It will be easier to track down if I know to look directly at the DoR utf8 stuff.

Also, please clarify why you say 'crashes on Release'. Your example seems to indicate simply that the v result from DoR is damagaed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Oleg Kobchenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Beta forum" <beta@jsoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 7:04 PM
Subject: [Jbeta] JDLLServer crashes on Release

While creating examples for the Pointer Call interface,
I came a bug in current J beta. Releasing J COM object crashes J.

http://www.jsoftware.com/jwiki/System/Library/Bugs

Example in VB Script:

Dim j, r, v
Set j = CreateObject("JDLLServer")
r = j.DoR("i.3 4", v)
WScript.Echo(v)

Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Address: 0x0000000010110216