On 4/16/08, Mark D. Niemiec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, the point I was trying to make is that 0+._ should
> be _, just like 0*_ and 0%0 are. These all have consistent
> arguments,

0+._. has an inconsistent argument.

> My only complaint here with arguments of _. is that they
> should produce meaningless values or exceptions - NOT
> hangs or crashes.

I agree that J should not crash, but other than that, making
the code complicated or slower to deal with an inconsistent
case seems like a trivial benefit for a non-zero cost.

Anyways, perhaps a better approach would be to define an
adverb _.: which produces a verb with the same ranks as
its argument and which produces a domain error if any
argument to that derived verb contains _.

--
Raul