It is easy to select within the workspace.  This positions a blinking
vertical line at the point of selection. It you then touch the little
"enter symbol' the line of text is moved to the input area.
Unfortunatly your selection point is gone and you have to position the
vertical blinking insertion point again and with a slower and more
cognitively loaded gesture.  It would be nice if that insertion point
could be maintained.  I do not know if Apple's API would even allow
this.  I have no idea as to whether this would even be a good idea.

- David Leibs