The html window  just shows html5 content. This content could come from
local files or from the web.

jp (plot) runs completely locally. Plots do not depend on wifi. The
calculations are done in J and J then formats the html5 canvas data
required to do the plot. That data is put in a local file and that file is
display in the html frame at the top of your J session.