Thank you for that hint, I reverted the the line
publishprogrss(false);
added recently and both x : 0 and 1!:1[1 seems work fine again now.
(I must confess I have no idea why it failed).

On anoher bug in 7&u: reported, it needed a minor amendment to that
conversion routine, and it also works ok now.

Сбт, 16 Июн 2012, Paul Jackson писал(а):
> Yes, 1!:1[1 hangs the same way.  I should say that both worked on
> Android until version 1.0.5, although I hadn't used keyboard input
> until you suggested it.
>
> Paul
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Eric Iverson <eric.b.iver...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > My guess is that Michael doesn't have 'suspended input' working yet. There
> > are 3 cases in J where the J interpreter calls for input from 'up the
> > stack'. The simplest is 1!:1[1 and you can test to see if that hangs the
> > same way. The other cases are : keyboard input and debug suspension. This
> > is one of the harder problems to solve for each platform. I'm sure this
> > will be sorted out eventually. It does work in the new J for iOS.
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Paul Jackson <plj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have
> >>   j-console-1.0.5.apk
> >> It hangs if I enter       : 0
> >> in the session, regardless of the number before the colon.
> >>
> >> The same sequence works with files I load, which is why it has been days
> >> before I noticed.
> >>
> >> Paul
> >> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

> --