I have been thinking about how to do this, since the original post. My
publications page is indeed generated using the BibDesk export
templating system.

Each publication is marked up like this:

<li class="Pub" id="<$citeKey/>">
        <i><$fields.Title.stringByRemovingTeX/></i>
$
pubAuthors
.abbreviatedname.stringbyremovingt...@componentsjoinedbycommaandand/></
span><br />
        <i><$fields.Journal.stringByRemovingTeX/><i>&nbsp;
        <b><$fields.Volume/></b>&nbsp;
        (<span class="Date"><$fields.Year/></span>)&nbsp;
$fields.Doi/></a></span>
</li>

I then use CSS to format the entries. I also played around with having
a fuller reference, including the abstract pop up when the entry was
mousedover. If you wanted to make it searchable, this is helpful as
each field has a corresponding name: Title, Journal, etc.

If you made each entry a separate <div>, instead of a <li>, you could
then write some sort of script (php, or javascript?) that would either
display or hide an entry according to some criterion, such as author
name etc. That would give you more the database that you are looking
for. I don't know how to do that though. Anyone?

One other point, however, is that my providing pdfs that your
institution does not have online access to, you may be in breach of
copyright. For this reason, I have used the DOI to generate a link to
the journal pages for each of my papers.

James Owen
jhgo...@mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/jhgowen/index.html