On 10 Jun 2010, at 14:06, Michael McCracken wrote:

> However - the specific benefits I see for reading papers on an iPad are:

I don't have an iPad and probably won't get one soon (no cash) but if you read
heavily I can still recommend the iLiad iRex (and other hardware they offer).
There are ways to get your scribbles into the pdf (via  ILiadPdfScribbleMerger).

You *are* back to manual moving around of files (over wireless) but for
reading, it's superb. Even when I get an iPad, the iLiad will be my reader of
choice (makes the kindle look just silly).

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ophiochos/