On Nov 11 2008, Shawn Somers wrote:

>Jonathan Petersson wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there some statement that you can give that triggers bind to check out a
>> current log-file when a new day occurs. I'm currently using the size option
>> but it would be useful if you could have 1 file per day instead.
>>
>> If not I guess I'll have to do a cronjob.
[...]
>logrotate ?

You would still need some way of telling BIND to close and reopen its log
files, or it would go on writing to the old (renamed) ones. That is, unless
you used the "copytruncate" option for Linux's logrotate (or "-c" in Solaris'
logadm, etc.) which of course has a window for data loss.

You wouldn't want to specify versions/size for the channel in named.conf
if you went this way, of course, or you would get horrid interactions.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]