It probably has to do with BIND dropping privileges.

If you run BIND with "-u" so it changes to an unprivileged user, then BIND may
not be able to bind() to new interfaces created on your system.

I use FreeBSD, and my solution was to do this every time I add a new interface:

  RESET=`sysctl -e net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedhigh`
  sysctl net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedhigh=52
  rndc reconfig
  <wait for named to start responding>
  sysctl $RESET

Linux has some hacks that let you bypass those steps.  FreeBSD also has a
kernel feature called  MAC-PORTACL that behaves like the Linux hack, but since
enabling that would require a kernel recompile on more than a thousand servers,
we decided not to do that.

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mac-portacl.html

What OS are you using, and what's the command-line you use to launch BIND?