Hi--

On Jun 8, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Mike Bobkiewicz wrote:
> we are running an authorative name server for some domains. After some time
> our ISP has now delegated the reverse name lookups to our server. We are
> running bind 9.7.3 on Mac OS X 10.6 and are not able to bring the reverse
> name lookups to life. The master db-file is loaded and we  to set the
> allow-recursive { any; }; option in the named.conf but it still doesn´t work.
> We are getting RFC 1912 2.1 with some mail servers which is the biggest
> problem. Which additional options must be set in the named.conf to make the
> reverse name lookups for our domains work?

Mailservers doing a double-reverse lookup try to validate that your IP has a
PTR record which returns a name that a normal forward lookup finds, and gives
back the original IP.

Give us an example of a bad hostname or IP, and we can probably tell you what
aspect isn't working right...

Regards,
--
-Chuck