On 2020-03-19 14:53, Rick Dicaire wrote:
Hi folks, I have found that new dependencies for 9.16 prevent it
being able to build on Slackware linux 14.2 (no ply or libuv).
(Yes I'm aware I can do the additional steps of downloading,
compiling, installing the deps, but that's not the point)

FWIW both libuv and ply are available on SlackBuilds.org for 14.2,
neither of which have any dependencies, so with a SBo frontend like
https://sbopkg.org/ , it would be a quick and easy install.

Of course you probably already know that 9.16 will be in Slackware's
15.0 release; a preview of which is in slackware(64)?-current at this
time.

14.2 is likely to remain a viable release for years to come, although
SBo will drop support when 15.0 is released.  It's usually trivial to
backport -current or later-release SBo slackbuild scripts to older
Slackware versions.