Back in June I posted a Doodle poll here asking about interest in webinars on
DNS zone management tools. The topic that got the most votes was VinylDNS, a
project Comcast has sponsored and open-sourced.
https://github.com/VinylDNS/vinyldns <https://github.com/VinylDNS/vinyldns> is
Apache-licensed, with an active team of 5 core maintainers. It is a relatively
substantial zone provisioning system, with a zone database and a GUI portal.

We have scheduled the talk for October 7th, a Wednesday, at 17:00 UTC. (It will
be recorded and the recording posted on ISC’s YouTube channel.)  To register,
go to: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xTx3UnnBSLaMwpY5MXWnag

Joe Crowe, Senior DNS/Network Engineer at Comcast and Paul Cleary, Principal
Software Engineer for the VinylDNS system will give the talk jointly. They have
promised mini-demos illustrating key features.

——
Two other tools I would still like to get presentations on are:
OctoDNS - maintained by Github. Manages zonefiles across multiple DNS
providers. (https://github.com/github/octodns
<https://github.com/github/octodns>)

DNS Control - maintained by Stack Exchange. Manages zonefiles across multiple
DNS providers (https://stackexchange.github.io/dnscontrol/
<https://stackexchange.github.io/dnscontrol/>)

Vicky

Victoria Risk