Greetings.

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021, Adam Augustine wrote:
# ncat -l -U /var/opt/isc/scls/isc-bind/log/named/dnstap.sock
I "chown named.named ./dnstap.sock" :

But regardless I don't get anything from the pipe when using the normal
"systemctl start isc-bind-named.service" followed by some "dig" commands to
test (but see below). I was previously using fstrm_capture like this:

[...]

And I do suddenly get "protobuf:dnstap.Dnstap" on the pipe, but nothing
further. So my root problem seems to be with how systemd is managing the
process (maybe a user ID problem with the pipe). But my grepping the strace
didn't catch anything opening the "dnstap.sock" pipe.

The way they did framestream initialization it requires the "optional" handshake. I documented it (pydoc) here:

    https://github.com/m3047/shodohflo/blob/master/shodohflo/fstrm.py

--

Fred Morris