On 6/16/21 2:16 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 16.06.21 um 09:31 schrieb ToddAndMargo via bind-users:
# means root
$ means user

Sometimes, in your configuration file extracts, you use '#' meaning
'this line is a comment'.  I guess this is a write-up for a novice.
The non-novices here have overlooked it, but I'm much closer to the
novice end of the BIND user spectrum than they are and If I were a
*complete* novice, I'd find these uses of '#' very confusing.

Which lines?

lines starting with #

----------------------

here it is a comment sign

    Change /etc/resolv.conf back to
       search your_domain
       nameserver your_IP
       # nameserver 208.67.222.123

here it is meant as command running as root

Then restart the service:
  # systemctl restart bind-named.service

Does this alteration at the top make it any clearer?

    Note: at the command prompt, I use the following terminology:
       # means run as root
       $ means run as user

    Inside a file, "#" mean it is a comment