Hello

I'm familiar with Dan Bernstein's aging DNS software. With it I can add
location based responses to individual records, so that the DNS can respond
differently to a name lookup according to the source network/IP on a per-record
basis.

With bind (and others) it seems that DNS views are the way to go, however as
far as I understand I have to recreate an entire zone for each view, which
seems a bit overkill for a zone of hundreds of records to only have a handful
of records responded to differently.

Does bind have some simple way to respond differently based on source address
but on a per record basis? Or perhaps include a baseline zone in a view and
separately include differences for that view - something like this perhaps?

Thanks
Angus