Hi E R.
My short answer would be, don't configure views unless you have a good use
case for them. For example you are running resolvers that have two
different kinds of clients that need to be handled differently - one client
set needs RPZ, the other doesn't. Or something like that.

BIND has views inside anyway. If you run "rndc stats" it produces a file
called "named.stats", in which you will see line like this:
The "_bind" view is always there and is used for internal processing. The
"default" exists for all client processing and if you define your own views
it disappears. So having one user-defined view is functionally
equivalent to having no views.

One possible reason I can think of for defining a view would be if you know
you will need to add more views in future, so would like to standardise the
structure of your config day one. It's a bit like configuring an Ethernet
switch: do I configure VLANs even though (today) it's one flat network?

Hope that helps.
Greg