Since one of the corner cases where RPZ is used is for mitigation of failures of legitimate resources, I have a question...

On Sat, 8 Apr 2023, Ondřej Surý wrote:
time.in is currently broken - I am guessing this is the reason why are you
trying to rewrite the answers.

RPZ does try to resolve the name first, and it fails, so there’s nothing to
rewrite.

Does this mean that in the default configuration an e.g. A record in an RPZ overriding brokenness in the global DNS with a QNAME override might fail due to the same brokenness? As far as I know I've never experienced that.

Going forward, what is anticipated to be the proper configuration for that scenario?

Thanks...

--

Fred Morris